View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009   #8
Steve Bruzonsky
Banned

Default Re: High end processors VS low end processors/receivers, hardware differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by levoncam View Post
i have sold high end audio and video for around twenty years. i did one blind test on digiital to analogue converters at the behest of a friend who was "diving in". he quietly swiched cabling on 4 great pieces (matching levels had been done prior with an spl meter) and i could tell EVERY TIME which was which during probably 5-6 passes through. the weirdest was 2 ps audio ultalink II's -one with HDCD and one without- they were as expected tonally identical but spacially very different on HDCD discs. the sonic frontiers was excellent as well but EVERY TIME he connected the THETA GEN V there was magic.
i believe i could have done this on a mid-fi system as well, but with a revealing system like his- krell, krell, top level tara labs and thiel 7.2's...it was easy.
I bet, funny thing is that every DBT that has been published no one could tell the difference. What would make these DAC's sound different from one another?
Steve Bruzonsky is offline   Reply With Quote