View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009   #90
Captain Stereo

Default Re: ML 502 Media Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefTK View Post
Thanks for the response, Cap'n.

I have called my vendor and canceled the D2v. The basic reason I opted for the Anthem was its ability to decode the HD audio. All of the video upconversion and "broadcast" switching is pure gingerbread. I now plan to give the SSP-800 a thorough audition before plunking down the cash.

I believe Dave Nauber worked on the SSP-800. A retailer I did business with who is no longer in the AV and who knows Nauber stated that the ML40 was the target for this unit. Further, courtesy of Classé, he heard an early version of this piece and was emphatic about hitting the target in the bullseye.
Dave Nauber is a wonderful person and an industry giant, but he is not a technical person. He's the VP of the company. Alan Clark, largely responsible for the Linn Sondek CD12, largely regarded by many as the finest single box CD player in the world for a long long time, had a big hand, and another engineer whose name escapes me who did indeed work on the 40 was another. The SSP-800 blows the No.40 away. At $8,000, this thing is such a ridiculous bargain. You will buy it after an audition, guaranteed.
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links