View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009   #4
rbinck
Administrator

Default Re: what projector for my theater?

All of the selections are within your price window.

JVC:
best would be the DLA-RS20 which according to Projector Central would yield about a 22 fl screen at 90" wide mounted at approximately 14 feet back.

worse would be the DLA-HD1 which according to Projector Central would yield about a 17 fl screen at 90" wide mounted at approximately 14 feet back.

Sony:
best would be VPL-HW10 which according to Projector Central would yield about a 11 fl screen at 90" wide mounted at approximately 13 feet back.

My preference would be the JVC. I only would suggest 1080p projectors and the problem with those is they tend to be a bit dimmer than the 720p projectors. Good thing you didn't want a 120" screen as that would be much harder to light up.

As you narrow down the projectors you may consider, take a look at the performance calculator at projectorcentral.com. Here is the link to the calculator: http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...ulator-pro.cfm

Also if you use Projectorcentral's Find Projectors By Feature it may zero in for you a bit better than any other method.

Good luck.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote