View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009   #1
Stallion

Default New System New Problem

Dear AV Members HELP,

We just built a new santuary and installed a new sound system. I have a ZED428, QSC RMX2450 (1 for FOH Speakers, 1 for Monitors, 1 for subs), 3 FOH Speakers are EV SX300 in cluster, 6 Monitor Speakers are EV ZX1-90, 2 Subs Yamaha SW115, 5 Wireless Sennheiser EW135 G2, 4 Wired Sennheiser E835, CD/Cassette Player.

The Subs are Bridged and sounding great, The Monitors are split currently on amp channel 1 & 2 ( 3 on each) and sound great. My problem is with the FOH Speakers, I have have them Bridged on one Amp which is bringing my Ohm down real low. They were supposed to have run 3 lines to the amps for each speaker, but didn't and they have enclosed the sanctuary with firewalls, so I couldn't immediately pull new lines. We have only a temp occupancy until they put in correct fire doors. After we have permanent occupancy we will put in 2 more runs and separate each speaker.

Here's the real problem, only with the FOH Speaker, the others are great: The CD player will redline and distort if you get the volume where you need it. The same thing happens with the Wireless. I'M ASSUMING MY PROBLEM IS TO MUCH ON THIS ONE AMP, IF SO IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO UNTIL WE GET PERMANENT OCCUPANCY (APPROX 1 MONTH).

Thanks
Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote