View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009   #13
timbre4

Default Re: Amazon is having another Blu-ray sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk View Post
It doesn't seem to be much of a sale to me. And, there doesn't seem to be much of a selection either. Just the same tired titles Amazon had over the Christmas season.
The key is to act on GOOD sales and skip the Amazon game-playing. Amazon has good sales 50% off have to watch closely.

Warner Hove video just had 20% off + Free Shipping PLUS buy 2 get one free. That's Being There, Pan's Labarynth and Twilight Zone the Movie for 14.40 a piece.

Quote:
Plus, most of the prices are in the mid to high $20.00 range. I think their pricing policy is inhibiting blu ray sales.
You need to get out more; check my post above about under $20 and checking bluray.com!

Quote:
And, I don't think the movies studios and blu ray manufacturers have done a good job of differentiating blu ray from dvd.
That's silly; every Disney ad mentions BluRay FIRST: Bolt and other releases are coming out on BluRay prior to DVD. Granted, they are fighting to teach people that upconverted DVD is not the same thing...

Quote:
This is looking like SACD all over again.
That's ridiculous! BluRay is mentioned on TV, is splashed all over the ads and there is a high degree of awareness. I own and love SACD and to this day people don't know about SACD or DVD-A or understand what multi-channel audio is all about. You NEVER EVER heard or saw SACD on TV.

The industry sales figures for household penetration are actually quite good for this period in a new format's life;look them up and end this cycle of sour grapes.
timbre4 is offline   Reply With Quote