View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009   #13
rex

Default Re: Oppo BDP-83 Early Adoption Program details

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
If this Oppo player ends up being "region friendly" like their DVD player, that's naturally another reason to consider this player over other major-manufactured options.
The BDP-83 will support DVD Region 1 and Blu-ray Region A only. The Blu-ray Disc Association does not allow OPPO to support any region unlocking capabilities, even for DVD-Video playback.

Full specs:
Video Specifications
Analog Video: Composite, Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr, 480i/480p, 720p/1080i available for non-restricted content; up to 1080i Blu-ray)
Digital Video: HDMI with HDCP (NTSC: 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24, PAL 576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24)
ABT2010 de-interlacing and scaling solution (HDMI only)
30 and 36bit Deep Color support

Audio Specifications
Analog Audio: 7.1ch or 5.1ch, Dedicated Stereo.
D/AC: Two-channel Cirrus CS4398 DAC for Discrete Stereo; Eight-channel CS4382A DAC for Multi-Channel Analog.
Digital Audio: Coaxial, Optical
HDMI Audio: Stereo to 7.1ch.
Bit stream and internal decoding of Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, and DTS-HD Master Audio for HDMI and Analog.
SACD DSD bit stream over HDMI or straight to analog; SACD DSD to PCM conversion over HDMI and analog.
Decoding of DVD-Audio. Will be updated through future firmware

Media Compatibility
Disc Types: BD-Video, DVD-Video, AVCHD, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE
(Compatibility with user-encoded contents or user-created discs is on a best effort basis with no guarantee due to the variation of media, software and techniques used.)
BD Profile: BD-ROM version 2 Profile 2 (also compatible with Profile 1 version 1.0 and 1.1). 1GB of Internal Storage; External Storage expandable through USB.
Dual USB Ports (One in back; one front) for video, audio, picture, and BD-Live expandability.

Unique or Optimized Features
PS3 caliber load speeds for BD-Java enabled discs.
Resolution, Picture and Audio adjustments can be performed on the fly.
Discrete Output Resolution: You can force the player to always output a 480i/p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p 50/60Hz, and 1080p/24Hz (DVD-Video and Blu-ray) video signal.
Source Direct: This allows the player to intelligently and automatically change the video output resolution of the player based off of the content source. For example, SD DVD will playback at 480i, Blu-ray will play back at 1080p/24Hz, and DVD-Audio and SACD will playback at 1080i (to ensure maximum audio bandwidth is available). This is ideal for people who use external scalers or do not want the BDP-83 to do any video de-interlacing and scaling.
Video Demo Mode: Splits the screen vertically with one half showing the original source image, while the other half shows the results of adjustment to the Edge Enhancement, Detail Enhancement and Noise Reduction controls.
Up to 1920x1080 native MPEG-2, AVCHD, MKV and DivX/XviD video support; JPEG and PNG picture support.
Fully back-lit remote control
Anamorphic lens compatible with constant height Zoom. Other Zoom modes identical to DV-983H

General Specifications
Power Supply: Power Supply: ~ 100V – 240V, 50/60Hz AC
Power Consumption: 35W (0.5W Standby)
Dimensions: 430mm x 336mm x 77mm, 16⅞ x 13¼ x 3 inches
Mass: 5.1kg / 11.2 lbs
Region Enforcement: DVD Region 1 (non-adjustable) and Blu-ray Region A (non-adjustable)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1124287
rex is offline   Reply With Quote