Thread: HDMI Cables
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009   #8
wes

Default Re: HDMI Cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
95% of what you pay for a Monster brand cable goes to their marketing dept. Don't be fooled. Get an HDMI cable that is well built in that it has a good strain relief and doesn't look like it'll fall apart if you touch it, but don't spend more than $100 on any length of cable. My CRT projector (sold for $30K back in 2001 but I didn't pay that) is fed by a $3 HDMI cable from bluejeanscable.com Poor quality wire using in long HDMI cables (15+ feet) may cause data dropouts which appear as what people call "sparklies": White dots that dance around the screen. So either the cable works (no issues), or it has dropouts (sparklies or complete loss of picture). There's nothing else that can happen. The idea of bandwidth requirements and other crap like that with HDMI cables that some of the boutique companies try and push is just plain prying on consumer ignorance. Kal

YES monster Cable is all fluff, they oem their cables from others get it packaged and charge you 100 times the price!! Great marketing with no substance.

Monoprice HDMi are very good as well, I bought a 45 feet HDMi Belden cable made by bluejeanscable and it works great.

I had fallen into the trap a year ago buying a 50 feet cable Vizonware cable for $700!! What was I thinking, I trusted the dealer that for long run I really needed that cable, what a rip off. The stupid cable broke after seven months the electronics melted and since the company went bankrupt I am stuck with a $700 piece of coper wire

The Dealer also went belly-up and screwed a bunch of customers and suppliers. They had been around over 10 years!!! That just shows there are crooks everywhere.

Now I take my time and seek advice from members before buying blindsided, lesson learned
wes is offline   Reply With Quote