View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009   #2
deacongreg

Thumbs up Re: What to do with a pair of Polk RTA 11's

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan View Post
I'm new to the forum so I hope I am posting correctly. I have a pair of Polk RTA 11's that I've had for quite some time (original owner). I will be building a home theater and am wondering if I could use them in the new theater. Should I use them for my rear speakers? The concern I have is not being able to match the tonality of the tweeters with anything that is out right now in terms of speaker technology....should I scope out other Polk 11's to complete the speaker portion of my theater? I am a big fan of B&W and Paradigm these days....and am somewhat wondering if it would be wiser to trade in the Polk 11's when I am buying new or gently used/demo equipment...any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for the long question but I'm kind of perplexed at what to do next.
You are buying a new theater. i think you should get everything new, whether it is used, or new. Then trying to match your Polks, will not be a problem. Obviously, finances are always a concern, so trade the Polks in.

Bring your favorite dvd`s and cd`s to all the stores you visit, and enjoy shopping!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote