View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009   #2
JohnB

Default Re: Vienna Acoustics owners

I have been running a set of the older Vienna Acoustics for about 6 years now, Beethoven's and a Maestro up front and Haydn's for the rear (before moving had 2 sets of the Haydn's in the rear). Beautiful speakers with beautiful sound. That being said, I've been struggle with them after changing out some electronics and moving to a new place. I've found the dialog to be harder to understand when watching movies, possibly because I moved from a house where I could play things louder in to an apartment where I have to be careful with the noise. The old electronics where an Anthem AVM 20 with a Sunfire Signature Grand amp, I switched to a Denon receiver and am now running an Integra DTC 9.8 with an Arcam amp. I guess I should also say the center channel went from atop a rear-projection TV (titled slightly down) to under an flat panel TV in an A/V rack - that could also be contributing to the dialog problem. I do love these things for music (which is run mostly from a Mac Mini), that love affair hasn't ended! It is just with movies that I'm struggling.

I'm still experimenting with things to try and bring them back to life for movies. Don't take this as saying I'm unhappy with the speakers, they are amazing - beautiful sounding and beautifully made, work well with jazz and rock, really couldn't ask for much more.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote