View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008   #2
bluextatic

Default Re: New Member Here With Another Upgrade Question

I personally own an H/K Reciever and in fact, this is my third one and obviously I think very highly of them. I have the AVR 645 which listed for $1499.00, which seems to be out of your price range. For four or five hundred, I think that you could get either the previously mentioned Pioneer 1018 or say a new Yamaha RX-V663 which is a receiver that I think is a very good choice. I have heard nothing but excellent reviews about Yamaha. I would then opt for maybe an OPPO DVD player ( they all have HDMI) and then say a six or eight piece speaker package that includes a subwoofer . There are many very good speaker systems out there for that price. Someone in this forum could probably help you there. (I have all large speakers) that I picked out, and they don't all match. The DVD player would only set you back a few hundred and then if you could fork up about six or eight hundred for the speakers, you would have a dynamite package for under sixteen hundred. Sometimes I wish that I would have done that and been happy, but everyone knows how that goes. I am over eight thousand now and I want more and more. It never ends. I know you should be very happy with what I have suggested, and it does leave the option for you to go in any direction that you may want.
Good Luck and keep us posted with what you do.
bluextatic is offline   Reply With Quote