Re: 42" LCD vs Plasmas
Originally Posted by jojoyeee
Some advantages for Plasma over LCD are: Plasmas have bigger screen size, and with better contrast ratio and ability to render deeper blacks. better color accuracy and saturation. Better motion tracking (little or no motion lag in fast moving images).
LCD television ADVANTAGES over Plasma include:
1. No burn-in of static images. Most plasma TV's have eliminated this.
2. Cooler running temperature.
3. No high altitude use issues. None with plasma TV's either, anymore.
4. Increased image brightness over Plasma.
5. Longer display life (about 60,000 hours - at which time all you may need to do is replace the light source, not the entire set). This can vary according other environmental and use factors. Actually Plasma TV's have a much longer life expectancy than LCD TV's do.
6. Lighter weight (when comparing same screen sizes) than Plasma counterparts.
Hope this helps anyway.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.