View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008   #7
wes

Default Re: New Panasonic DMP-BD55 for $399

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshag01 View Post
I'm questioning the Circuit City purchase as they are filing for chapter 11, and I opted for the 3 yr warranty. Although, I heard that warranty issues were more of a pain with Amazon.com Best Buy carries them as well.

Also, here's an exerpt from a review by Sound and Vision which indicates that one can receive 1080i using component video.

"As I watched Transformers on Blu-ray, the BD55ís picture looked remarkably detailed and punchy. In a scene where Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) flips over the handlebars of the girlsí bike heís riding past a prominently placed Burger King, the pink bike and red/orange signage in the background looked vivid and clean. And when the mysterious muscle car thatís been chasing him enters the scene, its yellow body paint displayed a wide range of finely delineated hues. The same scenes viewed in 1080i using the playerís component-video output looked notably softer when compared with HDMI, but thatís often the case with Blu-ray players and other high-def sources."

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blu...sc-player.html
Extended warranty for $329 please give me a break By then just buy a better and new one.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote