View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007   #22
Ken S

Default Re: Absolute best source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
deacongreg,

I don't recall which player they had @ HE2007, they were demoing it with their new speakers and I was pretty underimpressed by the room.

I actually bought a DV-50 and then had the 's' upgrade ($500 wasted now as 480p video by DVI-D is dated) a few years ago, it's a solid player and though I've thought of selling it, it would cost me a fortune to replace it, so it stays around. Sometimes when I am listening, I will use it for it's accuracy, sometimes I am just lazy and don't want to have to look if a disc is DVD-A or SACD......
Kennyt,

I thought of upgrading my DV-50 to the S version (DVI-D), but I felt it wasn't worth the investment. The DV-50 was purchased with the intention of being a music only source. The player's video portion is used for set-up only. I have not heard a better player for listening to CD, SACD and DVD-A, without spending an arm and a leg. I'm keeping it (probably forever) for my primary audio source. My next purchase will be a Hi-Res video player and I'm not sure whether it will be Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. If there was a decent Hi-Res video player that played both formats then I would probably opt for that.
Ken S is offline   Reply With Quote