Thread: Halcro SSP-200
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008   #43
stefke42

Default Re: Halcro SSP-200

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
I have never actually had to pay to get mine upgraded because it kept failing, and Halcro kept replacing it.
The last I heard, it was ~$1500 USD to upgrade it from an SSP-100 to an SSP-200, but that was over a year ago, and now the SSP-220 is available.

Also, from what I heard, the majority of the electronics are changed out to make this upgrade, so if you were to pay to have it done, it would be worth the money.

The best upgrade that I think they have done so far is to add MCPCM decoding (occurred when the SSP-100 was upgraded to an SSP-200) which will let you hear all the new codecs, providing that you have a BR player that can decode them and send them out via MCPCM.
Thanks for the quick feedback. I'll try to contact Halcro in Europe to see what the costs will be. I'm using the Pioneer BDP-LX70 and Toshiba HD-EX1 as BR and HD DVD so i would like to hear the new formats. Just comparing the normal DTS format between the Lexicon MC8 and SSP100, I must say that I prefer the Halcro. More crisp sound and more dynamics. Configuration wise I prefer the MC8 but that could be because I'm used to it.

Thanks for your advise.

Stefan
stefke42 is offline   Reply With Quote