View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008   #7
bluextatic

Red face Re: What cables do you use?

I use a mixed bag of cables and I like all of them.
I use DIY super heavy duty 12 ga. wrapped in techflex with GLS Audio spades and bananas for my side surrounds and back surrounds. I use ZU Audio Julians for my front speakers, I use some DIY RCA interconnects that I assembled recently for analog connections for my 1980 Teac reel-to reel and CD player, but I also have ZU Cable, Audioquest, a few Monster, and XLO RCA interconnects, that I use. I have both Monster and Tributaties Subwoofer cables along with Audioquest "Y" cables. I have several of the ZU Audio "Ash" Digital coaxial cables and Lenexpo ,"Atlona" Brand Toslink cables to enable Dolby and DTS. I have Tributaries and ZU Audio S-Video cables and ZU AUDIO & PS AUDIO power cords. Lastly, I have Blue Jeans, and Monoprice HDMI cables. I just recently bought some PS Audio PowerPunch C7 cables for my DVD players, which made huge diferences in the way of picture quality, and sound.

I have spent a lot of cash on cables for my HT system. I think the biggest audible difference that I heard was from the addition of the ZU Audio Power cords and the DIY RCA Interconnects I made for my 2 channel equipment. Those cables made a world of difference to my system, so it paid off using high quality parts, such as the Beldon wire and Neutrix, GLS, and Switchcraft RCA plugs as well as silver solder. I also love the Speaker cables that I made, and I know that they made a huge difference over the Monster Speaker cables that I was using. The music just sounds so much cleaner. They are made from Steren Python2 speaker cable which is an outstanding cable that would do very well against a lot of much more expensive cables. It is a beautifully made cable at a decent, but not cheap price. In my opinion, they sound better than the ZU Audio Julian speaker cables that I have on my front speakers, that cost near $300.00 for a ten foot pair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Custom DIY 45 foot Speaker Cables.jpg (194.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DIY 25 FT Pair Custom Surround Speaker Cables.jpg (189.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Diy 45ft.jpg (181.7 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by bluextatic; 04-08-2009 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: spelling
bluextatic is offline   Reply With Quote