I have some issues with this test too
Kenny brings up some good points/questions above.
Here are some of mine...
1. Are these tests being done blind? Any speaker evaluations must be done that way so that the look of the speaker doesn't effect the results. I have done tests at Harman and Paradigm and they are ALWAYS blind. A MartinLogan has a visual advantage in my opinion over say a Gallo and or a Vandersteen as the later are some ugly ass speakers in comparison if you are just looking at thier exteriors.
2. How could you demo each track for 3 minutes. That is SO LONG. Its a demo. Normally, people tune out of a demo after the first verse which is rarely past 1 min in the song.
3. Who gave you the speakers?
4. What order are the speakers played in?
5. With over 2000 demos in your test - who is paying for the hearing tests? Who paid for the speakers?
I am not trying to bust balls here. It just seems like there are some serious flaws to the science of this test. I know Harman does something similar at their test facilities here in California but a LOT of the variables are taken out of play and they are blind tests.
Jerry Del Colliano