View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008   #11
rex

Default Re: Calibration Nightmare

"Did BB leave you a calibration report that shows the before and after differences? Are you close to the D65 standard?"

NO. He did not leave a report.

"ISF'ers don't adjust blue....it's considered a no-no. Tweaking Red and Green will 99 times out of 100 get you where you need to be. Same with gamma....unless the calibrator can't get your TV dialed in with the gamma setting of 2.2 or 2.0, they won't be changing it from the default. Sort of like changing the spark plug gap on your car's plugs.....sure you can adjust the gap if you really know what you're doing, but you might sacrifice efficiency or even worse end up damaging someting along the way. If you want to modify your blue settings, go right ahead. Good Luck."

"Blue mode" or "Blue Only mode" is not for adjusting blue, but for adjusting the user settings. It is used in place of the a blue filter which does not yield reliable results. The blue mode turns off all other colors except blue for greater accuracy, while the filter tries to filter out the effects of the other colors.

Since my earlier post, I have learned that adjusting other settings does not usually affect the grayscale. The three things I want from a professional calibration are: grayscale adjustment, adjustment of individual primary and secondary colors for accuracy, and adjustment of the gamma correction value, if needed. The BB calibrator only did the grayscale. Individual colors were not adjusted for color accuracy. I do not know what the gamma was, or if it needs to be ajusted to achieve the ideal 2.2 to 2.4. The gamma was not mentioned. All of the other settings in the user menu, I can adjust myself.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote