View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007   #14
tigeraudio2007

Default Re: Is the Toshiba HD-A20 the best HD DVD Player yet?

Like I said, Blu-ray has the edge on releasing titles. But can you honestly tell me, looking a list of all the Blu-ray movies released, that there are even a handful of titles that would make you want to buy a player this instant?

I think Spider-man 3 is going to look awesome on Blu-ray. And I would love to get it. However, is it worth buying the player for just this one title? Not in the least. If people get this excited about 1 solitary movie title that means the majority of the released titles must be pretty bad.

To sum up, in order for mass consumers to go for one format or the other this needs to happen: a healthy, steady volume of good titles at an average price of $14.99 AND a drop in the price of the players to $199 or less.

The industry needs to remember that average joe schmo is perfectly content with DVDs. What is the incentive to move from DVD to Blu-ray or HD DVD? Obviously not the price of the software or hardware. Nor is it going to be ease of connectivity because we all know that doesn't happen. And don't tell me that it is the outstanding video/audio quality because average joe over there doesn't even have a 1080p HDTV.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote