View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008   #26
TheMoose

Default Re: Blu-Ray vs DVD sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinthicum View Post
The heck with BLU....have you seen HDX quality thru a VUDU player? VUDU rocks. As long as you have a decent Internet connection, it's the way to go in my opinion. Darn blu-rays take forever to load up on the player and the disks can be easily scratched by kids loading them in and out of a disc player. With VUDU there are no disks involved and the play back is pure and instantaneous.
I'm not sure what you call a decent internet connection but I can only get 3 meg & it took me 6 hours to download a 1080p movie from DirecTV on demand, my Blu-Ray player loads a lot faster than that!
I'm not familiar with vudu, is that 1080p with lossless audio?
Are the movies rented & are only good for viewing within a 24 hour time period, do they expire, or are you buying them, what are the movie prices?
How much storage space does a vudu box have & what happens to your movies if the box crashes?

I have never seen a scratched Blu-Ray disc myself, they have some serious protective coatings, the only way they are going to get scratches is if you rub them with rocks!

I like my discs, I can grab one in a moments notice & be watching a movie in 1080p & with lossless audio in about 1 min!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote