View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007   #13
deacongreg

Thumbs up Re: Is the Toshiba HD-A20 the best HD DVD Player yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
The release is going up today, but Toshiba PR agency has officially announced the release of the 3rd generation players. Looks like the A3 ($299) and the A35 ($499) will be released in October and the A30 ($399) will be released in September.

HD DVD doesn't have much in the way of titles mainly because only Universal is putting titles out exclusively on the HD DVD format. The other studio producing the HD DVD format titles is Warner Bros. However, about a month or so after they began to release HD DVD titles in 2006, they began releasing their titles in both formats.

Blu-ray on the other hand has Sony and Disney/Buena Vista releasing solely in Blu-ray and the here and there titles from Paramount. That's in addition to the Warner Bros titles. Thus, the healthy volume of titles.

Anyway, none of this means that there is a large supply of worthwhile titles on the market, only that Blu-ray has the leg up on Blockbuster movies being released in their format.
Okay. But I`m sure you know that availability and content is king. And every time I look up, like it all not, Blu-Ray has got another new hot title coming out. But, if there is one movie HD DVD does have that could push me, that is Batman Begins. I saw that in IMAX and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would like to see that in HD DVD.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote