View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008   #1
andytk5

Default Samsung Bluray BDP1400 not playing all discs

I have the BDP1400 that will play the blurays just fine, after going thru EVERY DAMN AD in the beggining... Just have to fast forward. Now other people that own this model, do you have to stop the movie, and go into the "player's" menu to change from bitstream to PCM when you switch from a TruHD movie to an Uncompressed movie. Also my Denon 3808 says TruHD when it in bitstream (truhd) tracked movies and MultiCh IN when its on PCM (uncompressed movies). But I have to go in and switch the samsungs output depending on the movie track, correct?

Also what the "F" is up with this damn thing not playing alot of my Standard def DVDs and "upconverting" them to 1080p!!!! That was the whole damn idea. Now I have two dvd players in my rack depending if i need to watch a bluray or a stan def dvd....

The current update I have done was 080418.01_XAA I know there is another one out but these updates never seem to fix it. Did any of you guys get results with this and what about the other issues with switching the output and all that? Thanks

Andy