View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008   #3
TheMoose

Default Re: Blu-ray's market share has almost doubled since HD DVD's demise

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Great now all they need is bring the price down for all movies and we will all buy Blu Ray like DVDs. I own about 600 DVDs average price $15

I love Blu Ray as a matter of fact we only watch DVD on an old plasma 50" and Blu Ray on the front projection system 128"d.
I have around 500 DVD's but I haven't watched a DVD since I got my PS3!
yea I wish the price of movies would go down but I also remember it wasn't all that long ago when I was paying $19.99 for new release DVD's!
I buy most of my Blu-Ray movies on sale, I'll pay full price for a movie like Iron Man ($25.95) but all my back catalog movies were on sale, I just ordered Band of Brothers from Amazon (6 Blu-Ray discs) for $59.99, The Band of Brothers DVD sells for $49.99 at Best Buy!

With the sales, Buy 1 Get 1 Free last holiday season & new releases I guess I've averaged $16/$17 each for my 125 movies on Blu-Ray.
The thing I do to save $$ is to buy on line, the B&M stores are $5/$10 higher than on line prices.
I'm expecting a lot more sales this holiday season & that will mean a lot of shipments with Blu-Ray movies arriving at my door!

Last edited by TheMoose; 09-25-2008 at 03:47 PM..
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote