Thread: DA Converters
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008   #1
TheDamned

Default DA Converters

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a company who sells a DA converter with multiple SPDIF inputs that can be selected based on which component you want to listen to. The only ones that I have found up to this point are offered on Proaudio style equipment and the other one I saw that is not a Proaudio type is made by Esoteric and costs like $14K. I'm looking for something in the $3K and under range that offers 24bit/192K conversion features.

I'm not sure why having more then one input is not a more available option on the majority of converters on the market since most folks almost always have more then one component they would like to be able to run through a DA converter. It seems a bit silly to have to reach around the back of your system and swap cables between components if you want to do this. Please feel free to enlighten me if there is another way to enjoy these benefits without manually swapping cables that doesn't sacrifice sound quality.

I guess if I can't find a way to do this then I will have to set my sites on the Proaudio arena and go that route. I know Apogee makes some very good stuff in my price range that the studios use to produce the CD's we buy so sound quality shouldn't be a concern there I guess.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote