Thread: anthem D2 V2
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008   #6
kennyt

Default Re: anthem D2 V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
What??!!! Kenny can't comment? Hell just froze over. Common Kenny, at least give us you best guess about what you think the guys over at Marantz might be capable of achieving for $2500.
Butch,

Kind of a smug retort.... so I'll bash back a bit! First, it's not Common Ken, never has been, never will! You could call me Dr. Ken, Dr. Taz, Dr. T, Ken, or any of the names/nicknames I hold, but Common Ken??? DAMN that hurts!

Yes, I know it was a typo, but allow me my rant!

I can't and won't comment on the Marantz 8003 as I've never heard it, even in a demo much less in my system, so I am ignorant of it's performance. I do have the SSR 8002 in my bedroom system and it does very well in there, but pre/pro's go to my main rig, and they must compete with the likes of the Meridian 861v4, Anthem D2 etc...... Is the Marantz in that league??????? My GUESS is no, but I've not heard it so I WILL NOT comment on it. Should I get one, then I'll make my comments, but I will not pretend to have experience nor make a judgement based solely on bias. I use my ears to decide what I like and don't, and report my findings from them. For me to report on a unit I've never heard would be total BS and I won't do it!

KT

Last edited by kennyt; 09-19-2008 at 04:01 PM..
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links