View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007   #11
deacongreg

Default Re: Is the Toshiba HD-A20 the best HD DVD Player yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
Sorry but the HD-A20 does not have HDMI 1.3a. You have to get the HD-XA2 for that. You may want to hold off if you can because come October the 3rd generation of HD DVD players will be coming from Toshiba. The HD-A3, HD-A30, and HD-A35. The A35 will be the top of the line and will only be $499. While official specs haven't been released, it is possible that the middle player, the A30, will sport HDMI 1.3a. At the very least releasing the third generaiton players should drop the price of the current generation players.

If only HD DVD had some awesome titles coming out. Blu-ray has Spider-man 3 and Pirates 3 coming out in October. It's too bad that their players are at best $499. HD DVD has the better player and prices but not so good software titles. Guess we can't have our cake and eat it too.
Hmmmm, sounds interesting. And I have noticed that Blu - Ray seems always to have the hotter new release titles. HD DVD has Kong, but what really else. I guess I still have some thinking to do. October is just a few months away.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote