View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008   #17
The Kipnis Studios

Exclamation Re: The Kipnis Studios' System

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixDweller View Post
Holy overkill batman.

I guess you bought into the bigger (and more) is better philosophy.

I can see why you only have a two seater couch there because there must be one huge sweet spot with all the channels angled in.

Where are the room treatments?

Do you have any room EQ graphs to back up your claims of high fidelity?

Why stack all the amps in front of the speakers? Wouldn't an A/C cooled cabinet be more impressive and less obtrusive?

Since the projector isn't HDCP compliant does 480p look good upscaled to 4K?

Where are the cables and what kind did you use?

I'm wondering what 8.8 channel means? 8 discrete sub channels? What source has that? Do several subs firing independently do a better job? Bass is fairly omnidirectional so does it really matter?

For $6M I would expect a lot nicer looking room that could house 12 or more people and sound great in every seat. I think better could be built for half that amount and what's left over could feed a small village in Africa for a few years. Or buy yourself a few Ferrari's and a summer house somewhere.

Take a look at George Lucas' Stag theater at the Skywalker Ranch if you want to see a professional home theater.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/02/06...-home-theater/
I think I made my point - otherwise you really wouldn't have had anything to get excited about - and that truly is the point of my exploration.

If you want a conventional movie or home theater, with everything hidden away, then I will be very happy to design that for you. But then the pictures you commented on would have looked just like any other screening room - typical, normal, boring! And 50 years old in design concept.

My goal is to provide exactly what the customer desires regarding interior design and to exceed any expectation of picture and sound fidelity they may have had up to this point. This is done through very controlled design over the acoustic and integrating the finest, hand made and matched components together. The transparency of sonic and visual elements are unparalleled, and not duplicated anywhere else in the world, except in another KSS system!

Would you care to join us for a complete, hand-tailored demonstration featuring your personal favorites in whatever format they may be in?

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html

Last edited by The Kipnis Studios; 09-02-2008 at 02:23 PM..
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote