View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008   #144
Captain Stereo

Default Re: High end pre/pro's. Are they worth it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
You know this is very interesting as I have been debating between Integra DTC 9.9 soon to be and the Classé SSP-800. I wished Classé had incorporated the Audyssey Pro, but they said it doesn't work !! Like you I love SACD multichannel music for classical music. My point of reference is the LA Philarmonic playing at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. http://www.laphil.com/

Having said this, I want to hear both units before making a decision on spending my hard earn money. I have a few Classé amps and think they work very well. I also have an old Integra Research RD-C7 and it works fine but I wanted to get a new pre/pro with HDMi 1.3 and DTS Master Audio as well as Dolby Digital Tru HD as I am a big movie buff. I wished high end companies would be less snobs when it come to technologies from other established firms. I guess they figure if you can spend 8K for a pre/pro you can fork an other $2500 for Audyssey pro if you really want it! You know what is interesting is that they had in the SSP-600 an Automated EQ system as well. I guess they are trying to cut corners.

You said you have not heard the Classé SSP-800 but say that you don't like the architecture what do you mean.

Classé uses Texas instrument 64 bit DSP chip where as Integra uses three TI 32-Bit Processing DSP Chips. I think that Classé is using a lot more powerful processing which of course does'nt mean it is better but still. Again I am looking to hear both and make a decision for myself.
Comparing the Integra to the Classe is like comparing a Chevelle to a AMG Mercedes. Different worlds. Would someone, anyone, please just compare these two and stack the deck against the Classe by using the Integtra's Audyssey and by using it to do True HD and DTS-HD and then compare it to the Classe, un-EQd and doing standard DD & DTS and explain how much better the Classe is please? My comparison apparently didn't do the trick.
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links