View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008   #137
fitzcaraldo215

Default Re: High end pre/pro's. Are they worth it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stereo View Post
Indeed it is. And let me also be clear about my comparison. It was the Integra DTC 9.8 decoding TrueHD and DTS-HD MA from blu-ray versus an SSP-600 decoding standard DD & DTS from the same blu-ray discs. Let me repeat from an earlier post. It WASN'T. EVEN. CLOSE. The Classe was dramatically better in every way. New formats from a mass market product, even a great one like the Integra, cannot compete with something built to the standard of the Classe products. In the same way that a Linn CD12 playing back red book CD will blow away in every way an Oppo SACD player playing back SACD. These are not subjective opinions. These are empirical facts. I am glad you enjoy your current rig and if you are happy with it, that is great. This hobby of ours has far too many people chasing gear instead of enjoying music and movies.
Empirical facts? Sorry, but from everything you have said, that does not seem to be the case at all. The fact is you preferred the Classe. That is a subjective asessment. Once again, was Audyssey properly calibrated and engaged during your listening sessions? That is a simple matter of fact.
fitzcaraldo215 is offline   Reply With Quote