View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007   #14
deacongreg

Default Re: Is the iPod too lo-fi for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I have never downloaded a song. I have enough music in my own collection and in my computer from that collection so I don't need to! I, as Jerry said, would rather buy the disc for $10 and have it around than pay $9.99 for some lossy crap version of it that I can't copy to anbother machine! FWIW If you are going to put you music into your computer, do so in an uncompressed or at least lossless format the first time!!! You can always let your processor spin it all down at your convienence... the ripping takes forever!!

Trust me from a guy who's had to do it twice (did it into MP3 first time years ago....arrrgggghhhh!)
You make a good point. My first cousin, has built his own computer (amazing) and is always telling me I should take my cds and send them to the computer, for that is the wave of the future. Making your own playlists, etc.
But, how do you go about choosing the best file? I have only a few cds on my computer in real player. The Best of the Fifth Dimension, Walking in Space - Quincy jones, and Also Sprach Zarathrustra - Eumir Deodato.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links