View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008   #135
kennyt

Default Re: High end pre/pro's. Are they worth it???

I am so over the new direction of this thread that I am merely watching the posts.....

We all can blow smoke up each others a$$e$, but when the day is done, there is a major difference between pre/pro's.

I aplaud those who have found nirvana in inexpensive gear, and I wish I could do the same, but alas, I can not. Maybe this is why I review gear for others to read about, maybe it is just my ill fated life situation, I don't know.

I do know when Jerry Del Colliano and I speak, which is almost daily, we seem to almost always agree on the sonics of gear. This for me is my gold standard. I run a serious rig (check my system if you have doubts), and one that is far beyond the level of most reviewers, in print or on line, and I will continue to provide my honest opinion of gear I review, positive or negative here now and forward.

I am still looking for the be all end all pre/pro, and when I find it, regardless of price, Jerry and I will own it!!!!!!! It unfortunately isn't out there yet. Hopefully CEDIA will surprise us with new gear we haven't already heard of, but I am somewhat pessimistic about this.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote