View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008   #129
Captain Stereo

Default Re: High end pre/pro's. Are they worth it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
PHEE? What does that mean also I am very interested in Dolby Didital tru HD and DTS-HD Master Audio. SO until a pre/pro is able to decode those formats I am not touching it!
"Phee" is when one tries to emphasize the "phe" in the word "phenomenal". I thought since "...nominal" came immediately after the "phee" this would be obvious. Sorry to confuse.

And if you want to buy a receiver that decodes TrueHD and DTS-HD instead of a pre/pro like the SSP-800 (which will do that in time), which will SOUND better playing back VHS Hi-Fi tapes with Dolby Pro-Logic to say nothing of standard DD and DTS on DVD and blu-ray, than a receiver playing the new formats on blu-ray, then that is your perogative. It never ceases to amaze that people will bypass genuine quality for the flavor of the month. While you're on your 8th receiver, which will need to be replaced when the HDMI spec changes, or a new surround format is introduced, or the new "must have" feature comes around, etc., owners of products like the SSP-800 will be laughing that their overall expenditure is lower and their sound quality is STILL better.
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote