View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008   #26
kennyt

Default Re: Turntable shopping.. any help?

Well, it's been a while, and my pursuit of a TT is still on. I have acquired a Marantz TT15, which is basically a modified Clear Audio Emotion with Ebony arm and Virtuoso wood cart, and am running it through a Dynavector P75 Mk II Phono preamp in my bedroom and have been really enjoying it!

I got the rig set up a few days ago, and have been really digging going through old vinyl, cleaning it first of course and spinning disks again.

I knew of several stores for vinyl in my area, but a good google search revealed something I never would have expected.....

The largest records store in the country with over 3,000,000 records is like 7 miles from my home!!!!!!! I can't wait to go there Saturday morning and go nuts shopping for new/old material for my collection.

I am still trying to decide if vinyl is something I will want forever, thus the entry level table for a start, but so far all indications are good and I am still looking at an Avid (an Acutus with SME V arm just showed up on A'gon for ~$10K, but I am not yet ready to make that jump, but the deal is really tempting...)
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote