View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008   #11
prerich

Default Re: Criterion Collection uses PS3 as reference Blu-ray player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Yea & what your forgetting is the PS3 is one of the only profile 2.0 players on the market right now, it's constantly being updated, has the fastest loading times, is the most dependable players on the market and it can decode all of the lossless audio formats.
While it might not have the absolute best picture quality it's still better than most players including some priced much higher.

I know some people have a hard time accepting a "game console" as a Blu-Ray player but do you seriously think a Funai player will give the same results?
My player is 2.0 and its not a PS3. My player loads faster than the PS3 (3 - 5 seconds) and can decode all the lossless codecs (still have downsampling on some things but that will be remedied very shortly). It's my PC And it has better PQ than a PS3 (you know - upconversion and all - and I also can do 1080p stuff too )

Edit: Oh I forgot - I have implimented the temporary fix to down sampling found in Vista itself (re-upsample as high as 192khz/24bit) I'm also getting the Xonar HDAV 1.3 when it hits the shelves.

Last edited by prerich; 08-14-2008 at 07:19 PM..
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote