View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008   #56
Z Man

Default Re: High end pre/pro's. Are they worth it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
Ken, I was really hoping the Denon would sound good. I was thinking it might be a giant killer like the GTR with the german cars. Now I have to wait a few more months. What I don't understand is where is the weight of the denon processor coming from???
I wouldn't scratch the Denon AVP off too fast. While it may not have pleased Kenny with it's 2 channel abilities, it has totally wowed me and many many others. I have had my AVP since March, and have only excellent things to say about it. I am using all Martin Logans and have a Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature II amp. I find the AVP to be very musical. I have found the analog section to sound very very good! 2 channel, multi-channel SACD/DVD-A, TrueHD and DTS-HD MA are simply amazing through this state of the art preamp.

There have been a LOT of AVP owners that came from the likes of the Krell S-1000, Krell HTS 7.1, Lexicon MC12B, Anthem D1 & D2, Theta CBIII, Halcro SSP-100, and one that owned a Meridian 568, and even a Meridian 861 V4. Now all those guys own the AVP and absolutely LOVE it!

Seth

Last edited by Z Man; 08-12-2008 at 07:31 PM..
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote