View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008   #52
pfslai

Default Re: High end pre/pro's. Are they worth it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well, let's bring it back to earth now please!

Having personal experience with many of the worlds best AV preamps, and doing the review of the Denon for AVRev, I can say you must have had a poorly set up or designed 2 channel rig if this is true! While the Denon does the new codecs very well, it can't hold a candle to the likes of the Anthem D2 for audio and isn't even in the same field as the Meridian 861.

Fitzcaraldo, I must disagree with you, and while I am happy you feel so pleased with the Integra and Oppo system, I feel you are incorrect with your deductions, there are better pre/pro's, and much better to my ears. I guess it all comes down to listen for yourself, hearing is subjective and does deteriorate over time with age. I am still waiting for the best pre/pro and am single handedly trying to review them all to find it.
Ken, I was really hoping the Denon would sound good. I was thinking it might be a giant killer like the GTR with the german cars. Now I have to wait a few more months. What I don't understand is where is the weight of the denon processor coming from???
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote