View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008   #5
The Kipnis Studios

Lightbulb The Calibration Nightmare - Be GONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
That would be great if Kevin knew someone. But I live in the middle of the boondocks, so my options are limited. There were two ISF calibrators in this area listed on the ISF website. So next, I called the second one. He comes over and starts hooking up his equipment to the component inputs. I tell him that I don't use component, just HDMI, (one for BD and one for Dish). He says that if he does the calibration using components, the TV will be calibrated on all inputs; but I don't believe him. So, he calls the same trainer, Jamie, at Sencore who confirms that all he has to do is calibrate on component and all other inputs will be calibrated. I don't believe this, so I decide to pass. Now I am down to my last resort: the dreaded Geek Squad. Stay tuned for further details of the ongoing drama!

(If I am wrong about the inputs, will someone more knowledgeable, like Kevin or Kal, please chime in. My understanding is that each input has to be calibrated separately. Thanks.)
Normally, each input can (and should) be calibrated separately using the source and a test disc to generate signals. However, their are exceptions.

Your Samsung HL67A750 is a case of confusion by the Sencore trained ISF calibrators, who are only trained to deal with the basics. The rule of thumb is: only work with someone who has owned or reviewed the equipment in question. Otherwise it is total hit or miss.

So, I am going out into the world and find me this exact television to give you the answer!

Be back to you, shortly!

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote