View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008   #4
rex

Default The Nightmare continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Sorry to hear about your frustration. Maybe, the thing to do is, ask Kevin Miller for a recommendation. He might know a ISF calibrator in your area, or be able to find out who does your area. This way you would have a better qualified person.
I guess its just food for thought now.
That would be great if Kevin knew someone. But I live in the middle of the boondocks, so my options are limited. There were two ISF calibrators in this area listed on the ISF website. So next, I called the second one. He comes over and starts hooking up his equipment to the component inputs. I tell him that I don't use component, just HDMI, (one for BD and one for Dish). He says that if he does the calibration using components, the TV will be calibrated on all inputs; but I don't believe him. So, he calls the same trainer, Jamie, at Sencore who confirms that all he has to do is calibrate on component and all other inputs will be calibrated. I don't believe this, so I decide to pass. Now I am down to my last resort: the dreaded Geek Squad. Stay tuned for further details of the ongoing drama!

(If I am wrong about the inputs, will someone more knowledgeable, like Kevin or Kal, please chime in. My understanding is that each input has to be calibrated separately. Thanks.)
rex is offline   Reply With Quote