View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008   #55
wes

Cool Re: Pairing Amps with Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kipnis Studios View Post
In any serious audio system (stereo or surround), component matching - particularly amps to speakers - is responsible for 45% of the sound you hear. The other 45% is contributed by the room / furniture acoustic, leaving just 10% from primary media sources (CD, DVD, SACD, LP, MP-3, etc).
I would agree but would like to know what are your sources for these statements?

Quote:
Still, some people have rooms that are completely wrong for sound reproduction because the architecture contributes counterproductive acoustic components
Yes unfortunately a lot of us have this problem we don't have the perfect room so we work with it as best we can. If I ever have the opportunity to build a custom home one day I will have a room designed, constructed and calibrated by sound engineer and hire a company like Rives Audio and the likes...

Quote:
Other than acoustic treatments the solution is to find a speaker that mates to the room and creates a convincing sounding illusion. And this necessitates also mating an amplifier (or amplifiers) to the speaker / room combination.
Yes B&W wit Classé are a match made in heaven, I also enjoy B&W with Electrocompaniet.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote