View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008   #40
anm

Default Re: Pairing Amps with Speakers

Thanks Ttone! That was a good reading. Regarding budget, I would say everything seems expensive :-) - specially when prices are twice in India and incomes 1/10 of that in the US. However, there is another option that sticking to a budget - build a system over a period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttone305 View Post
I found that as far as quality is concerned, the more "-Way"'s the speaker (2-way, 3-way, 4-way, ect.) the better the sound. So you might what to have a pair of 6 1/2" 3-way speakers running between 150 and 300 RMS for your higher mids and high frequencies, a pair of 10" subs running at 250 RMS for mids, and a pair of 15-or-18" subs at 400-600 RMS for your rubbling, earthshaking bass.
Does it apply to front towers or for surrounds as well?

Also - how to figure out the speakers' power ratings? Some speakers mention continuous and peak power figures. So I guess the amp headroom should be above peak power?

Some one in a forum told me that there is nothing like a speaker's power rating!

regards
29" LG Flatron CRT.
Current Room - 12' wide, seating at 8' from front wall.
Front wall mounts at 8' apart and 5' high.
Center is in the center 3' high, below the TV, and horizontal.
Surrounds are 12' apart wall mounted, and facing the seating at ear level.
anm is offline   Reply With Quote