View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008   #5
Bob Hodas

Default Re: How dead is "too dead" in your room?

I was in Calistoga last weekend. Smokey up there! HDV was appointment only so we couldn't get in on that but went to Rombauer again and then Sbragia Family in Geyersville. Sbragia has a really good 2006 Home Ranch Chard for only $26. More citrusy French style than his past wines but he is doing a Napa Gamble Vineyards this fall (fatter, oakyer ((is that a word?)) ). Should be killer. He is one of my small winery faves. The 2006 HR Chard just got better and better as it got more air in the glass.

I'm going to France on Monday. I happen to think certain white burgundy's are the bomb and competitively priced against some high end Napa's (or at least they were last year before the $ crashed). You have to pick them though. like anything else I guess. Anyway, I'm going for a factory tour at Focal. They will have me listening to some new models in their professional division (studio monitors). The real bonus for me is listening to the new Grand Utopias which will be introduced to the French press the day I am there. They have some new woofer technology that is supposed to be something special. I can't wait to hear those things.

Last edited by Bob Hodas; 06-28-2008 at 08:22 AM..
Bob Hodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links