View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008   #12
deacongreg

Smile Re: A re-examining of the PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kipnis Studios View Post
If my father were still alive, and he wanted a BD player - Sony PS3 wins hands down for fast load and play times, no crashes (for me anyway - as has happened with several BD players), and near instant access to any part of a disc.

As I said earlier, today's products are coming out faster than they can be perfected. But at least the PS3 is bullet proof, and in spite of a slightly softer, less 3D image and sound on the best 1080p and beyond (4k?) displays, this is largely correctable with on board display controls or from an external scaler.

Sure I know that their are superior BD players with slightly better PQ & AQ, but if you just want it to play - PS3 is the only choice in town!

I have to say I agree with you. I have said more than once, that when you take into consideration all the issues and problems Blu-Ray has had, the most consistent an all around performer, taking into account everything, including not the best picture quality and audio, OVERALL, it seems if you just want to play a disc and enjoy, the PS3 is the way to go.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links