View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008   #3
deacongreg

Default Re: Not sure what to buy (Levinson 502, Meridian G Series other)

jERRY,

You are used to having the best. That is fine. But, for starters, the so called best, are not fully equipped, or prepared with the proper codecs. Now I must be honest with you, I`m not getting into this argument about 1.1 vs. 1.3a. That, it doesn`t make a difference. I have not heard a comparison, so technically I can not truly speak on it. However, when I first heard this, I thought it was just a ploy, or an excuse, for not having what is necessary. Which as we all know, happens all the time.

I believe you should have what is necessary to get fully what is available out of the product, feature, device, etc. Why settle? And after listening to kennyt talk about the Denon, he is enjoying the new codecs and what they can do as well. Does it have the last nnnnnnnnnnnth degree of sound, maybe not. But is it enough to not fully enjoy your musical pleasure? It does not seem so. And, as you mentioned, at these prices, that to me, always needs to be considered, even if you have the means to do so.

You know, I think now this whole thing is beginning to get to me. Compromises. At this level, there should be none, and no excuses. Denon and Integra are not making any. So, back to your question, keep the Classe, or go with the Mark Levinson, or go back to the Meridian? Well, to be straight forward an honest, unless you are just going to play music, and no video, the Meridian is a no, because they are not ready for primetime, period. As far as the ML or Classe, what ever product allows you to enjoy and use the new codecs to the fullest, as where you should be.

No compromises!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote