View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008   #6
TheMoose

Default Re: China enters Blu-ray market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I doubt it. The cheapest 2.0 player is going to be what $500?

Say what you will but HD-DVD being gone has HURT consumers. There isn't a huge wave of more movies being released on BD, and prices are quite honestly outragious. If HD-DVD was still around, BD would still just lack 2 studios, and their prices would be a lot more competitive.

The Chinese manufacturers have no plans of low priced players to my knowledge. I've been hearing $300 or so for them. Which is no where near where they would be if HD-DVD was around.

To all the people that thought 2 formats was bad, how much better are we now? It sure doesn't look that good.
Back spreading gloom & doom again huh?
I thought you got mad & went away.
Your previous "knowledge" about things proves you are just guessing, it was you that said the studios didn't care about the greater software sales of the Blu-ray movies they only cared about the number of standalone players & that the PS3 wouldn't effect the war only stand alones.

I'm guessing that with 11 Chinese manufactures building Blu-Ray players that we will have $100-$200 players by Christmas.
With the injection of huge numbers of new buyers the prices of media will hopefully drop as well.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links