View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008   #44
Z Man

Default Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market Do You Really Need Them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well, the Denon will allow music streaming from your home computer, which can be in lossless or native bit rate, so should sound very good, as for the iPod, it is just far to common a device for most makers not to include integration for. I for one use internet radio a lot for parties, I put on some good blues or jazz stations and let it ride, it saves me making playlists and keeps up the variety during the party, and yes, I use my reference rig to stream this to.

I must agree, the new crop of pre/pro's are super packed with features, I know I and noone I know will ever use all the features found in the new Denon, but it does allow it to fulfill a variety of folk's needs, you might be able to save some $$ buying something that suits you more closely, but often that isn't possible, so I like the extra features, as who knows, some day I may want/need them.
Very good points kenny. I use the Denon AVP's streaming capability and have been most impressed with the audio quality. Right now I am streaming mostly WAV, but flac and WMA Lossless sound excellent as well. If the Denon AVP was only able to accept MP3 and AAC, It would have been a useless feature for my needs. But since it does accept lossless and completely uncompressed audio streams, it is very worthy of being used in a high end system for 2 channel music listening. I am enjoying the streaming feature so much that I now find myself listening to it more than physical CD's. The ability to listen to any album, any artist, or any song, and not have to swap out CD's is just the coolest thing.

And I totally agree, the Denon is packed with pretty much every feature imaginable. And like you, while I may never use every feature and function that is available on the Denon AVP, I feel good knowing it's there if I ever do need it. Like the saying goes, better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Seth
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote