View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008   #36
xorbitman

Default Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market – Do You Really Need Them?

To those thinking about the Classé Audio Pre-Pro....it's going to be longer than they expected. They are respinning the PCB's which generally means that the protos PCB's will be out by this summer. Once those protos PCB's are populated and then tested we are looking at another 2 - 3 months and then there will be a new version (semi-final) pre-production version of about 50 to 150 units depending on if they can get the components...and my guess is that there will be problems getting them....then again assembly, test and then ship....and if those initial field products are OK, then there will be a full production run. The production run will depend largly on the demand for the product.

This is from a reliable source....so don't hold your breath on this yet.

As for SimAudio...they have abandoned the design of any future disc players until the dust has settled. Personally I would not purchase a Marantz as a PRE-PRO high end unit. I find that their amps sound to0 metalic. I prefer the new Pioneer, however the word in Canada is that Pioneer has crappy service....and I have a Prioneer Elite Receiver...so that leaves me with just one solution which I would feel safe with...and it's not ARCAM....Onkyo is coming out with some new receivers such as the 606 and higher...I heard that the 706 is going to be a fantastic unit especially for the money. And their amps sound the most "tube-Like".
Anything a $2200 Pioneer Elite will do for about 1/2 the money! And of course all of you know that the Integra and Onkyo share DNA....all the way down to the AMP...except the Integra uses bigger/stronger power supplies....and ahem the Onkyo has PRE/PRO outputs so that you can bypass the internal amps and go with your own amp setup...like I am doing with my Pioneer Elite Receiver....which I use as a PRE-PRO only!

Last edited by xorbitman; 05-15-2008 at 08:22 PM..
xorbitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links