View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008   #37
wes

Cool Re: ML 502 Media Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Man View Post
Greg, I couldn't have put it any better. I have to say I agree with you 100 percent. HDMI 1.3 is IMO a "must have" feature at this point in time. 1.3 is now becoming the standard, and as such more and more products are offering it, and will be standard on all Blu-ray machines. At least the Classé SSP-800 will be 1.3a, which is a big step in the right direction. And hopefully Classé makes good on their promise to offer a free upgrade to include the HBR decoders by years end. I know that if spring or summer of '09 rolls around and still no upgrade, there are going to be a lot of very unhappy people who bought SSP-800's because they were told of an upgrade. Seth
Seth, you are right if Classé doesn't deliver the upgrade a lot of people are going to be very very unhappy. But you know what they won't care, which is why I might wait before putting $8K down and make sure that it has all the decoding integrated!! Classé SSP-800 was supposed to be released in March and we are in May and still no SSP-800?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote