View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008   #28
deacongreg

Default Re: ML 502 Media Console

Okay guys, here is my deal on this. And kenny, you already know where I stand!!

But Z Man, I agree with you the most. I just read the reviews on the new MAC 136 pre/pro and the Lexicon MC - 12HD preamp/processor. And it seems, we are all going to have to live with being PARTLY disappointed for now. While, I have not owned my own Meridian or Mark Levinson product yet, to me it is unacceptable that these companies are not current, and up to date.

Its not just the sound, what really irks and bothers me, is that Integra, Denon, have the codecs, you NEED, NOW. While the ML 502 is, lets be real incomplete. The MAC 136, and you guys know like Andrew, I love my Mcintosh, passes video only thru HDMI. The Lexicon has some short comings as well. Again, another incomplete.

It is crazy to me, that while Jerry gave me a clear reason, why supposedly, these high end firms can not do it, at this place and time, to me they must. The format war is over. You buy, a supposedly, no holds barred product, and come up short in a key area:functionality. So, Andrew buys an Integra DTC 9.8, and is rewarded with enjoying, ALL, of what his OTHER components can fully do now to the max. With out having to COMPENSATE for their short comings. Do you think he is unhappy right now. Or anyone that has the new Denon pre/pro and amp combo. Why gentlemen, especially at this level of equipment, do we have to settle?!!

Now, I stated earlier I have never owned a Meridian or Mark Levinson product yet, but, if you are missing that nnnnnnnnnnnnth degree of musical quality, does it matter if the unit is not functional? I don`t think so if you can not even connect your other gear properly. That means the whole chain of equipment is affected. Its like what people where telling me earlier about being a new adopter to the whole, now over format war. Buy a unit, and enjoy today, and not sit on the fence for tomorrow. It seems, our Esoteric high end brethren, are not in any rush to move forward.

So, to the Victor, goes the spoils. I need all of my equipment to work, what about you??
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote