Originally Posted by faberryman
With a MSRP of $699 for the BDP50, the Sony S550 definitely looks like it will be worth waiting for.
Agreed Sony also has 7.1 channel analogue of course Oppo could put them all to rest!
Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray player this fall for approximately $500, bringing the following specifications and features right into your living room:
* 1080/60p and 24p True Cinema output
* Standard DVD playback with 1080p upscaling via HDMI
* 7.1 channel Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus decoding
* DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and Master Audio bit-stream output
* 7.1 channel analog audio output
* Support for AVCHD discs
* Compatible with D-R/RE (BDMV and BDAV modes), DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW, CD, CD-R/RW (CD-DA format), and JPEG on DVD/CD