View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008   #10
pws442

Smile Re: What about HSU Research?

I know this is not the best reason to purchase a sub-woofer, but here goes. Please hold your laughter....

My Plateau stand is a very light maple (I have uploaded a picture). My Acoustic Research S12HO is to its left, and has served me well, but it is "basic black". I thought the HSU VTF-3 MK3 in maple, but without the turbo option would look nice. (Or VTF-3 HO, the latter because "bigger is better"???) There is a lot of "wife factor" here, she has tolerated me for quite a long time now.

I have a Denon AVR-3808ci hooked up to this, and (again, please hold the snickering down) Bose Acoustimass AM5-III speakers and center speaker (you can see the right speaker above the turntable), along with a Buttkicker with two LFEs.

Any thoughts on this? If you have managed to read this far, should I spring the extra $200 for the 500 watter?

(And yes, I have already experienced the drawbacks of a turntable so close to a speaker.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P082180017 - MMF 2.1 Ferrari Red LE Turntable.JPG (41.9 KB, 20 views)
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote