View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008   #17
fitzcaraldo215

Default Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market Do You Really Need Them?

Well, some people have to have the latest and greatest constantly. I like to get some years of of my purchases myself. That is why I bougt an HDMI 1.3a compatible controller now in anticipation of the "futures" it could support. So, whether deep color takes 6 weeks to materialize, or 6 years, I will be ready. Had I already owned an HDMI 1.2 receiver, I would not have updated just to get 1.3a.

For people like me entering the multichannel and home theater world for the first time, getting 1.3a now is sensible way to be ready for all Blu-Ray can offer - current and known "futures". I do not have Blu-Ray yet, but for people going Blu-Ray for the first time and replacing a 5.1 channel controller/receiver with 7.1 channel, HDMI 1.3a would also be the smart way to go.

I do believe the pace of development of things like deep color, fuelled by incresed unit sales, will be much quicker now that the format war is over and consumer uncertainty resolved.
fitzcaraldo215 is offline   Reply With Quote